Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, but something is holding you back from jumping in and starting your own business? Organizing the development of a starting a new business can be a very risky and overwhelming venture, and it’s not uncommon to second guess yourself. In order to be sure about making that first leap, here are 10 questions to ask yourself before committing to an entrepreurial lifestyle and starting your own business.
- Am I fit to be a leader?
- Am I passionate about this industry/business model/cause?
- Do I have the discipline to work on this business for ____ hours each day?
- Am I engaging in self discovering and learning something new about this industry each day?
- Do I have good mentors/connections/people I can learn from?
- Do I have a good support system? (ie. family, significant other, employees, business partners)
- How am I going to guarantee that my business will grow?
- How am I going to stay organized?/What tools will I use to stay on track?
- What is my timeline and do I have a detailed business plan?
- What is my main goal/purpose with this business? & develop a mission statement
Are you a successful entrepreneur What questions did you ask yourself before starting your own business? Join the discussion and leave your comments below.
Lastly, please feel free to contact us directly. You can always send us a message via our contact form or email me directly at: shaina at wildstory dot com
Don’t forget to stay in touch with us on social media and learn about new blog posts, upcoming events, PR and social media tips, and much more. Join our #wildstory or share your own #wildstory on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn by using #mywildstory.